Latest play test video
Currently I’m working on an internal project (not for commercial use) for Legendary picture. Due to the NDA, here are the interesting things I can share about the project.
- Game engine: Unreal Engine 4
- Time: 4 months
- Platforms: HTC Vive, prototyped on Oculus rift DK2, Google Tango tablet, Razor Hydra controller.
- What I have learned about programming for a high-resolution VR experience in Unreal Engine 4
- A powerful PC is necessary
- Make good use of Epic’s VR demos, especially the render configurations
- Optimization is critical, pre-bake all static objects in the scene, use proper environment design to block user’s visual fields and make sure they just see what is important in the scene
- In designing the experience, some interesting features in VR experience are considered
- Eye contact with characters in the world
- Big size contrast between player and characters in the world
- Use natural walking movement but with a moving scale slightly bigger than real world.
Current Project: VR experience on HTC Vive.